Friends of Fashion - Volume I

06 August, 2017

If I ask you, what friendship is, would you be able to define it? Well, all of us have different definitions of friendship and for me it has always started by sliding into my friend’s vocabulary, adapting their manners and blending in each other’s fashion preferences. That’s where this concept crossed my mind and I decided to add this section to my blog. I would be coming up with my friends, where we would take one theme/trend and reveal the best of ourselves together. Creating some statement styles and captivating visuals with a fashion companion is what Friends of Fashion stands for.

Denim Joggers and Denim Skirts

For this section, what better day would it be than Friendship Day? And which friend would accompany you better than an elder sister? To be honest, it is damn hard for an introvert person to make friends and so it was with me as well. Being a radical introvert in my childhood, I had no good friends and my sister was the one with whom I had spent my childhood days the most. She was the only one from whom I got my style back then. I am not ashamed of the fact that I used to imitate her and somewhere I just wanted to be like her. She is the one who made me realise that in a storm of trends, never forget the basics. Hence today I have named my blog as Binge on Basics because I can never get enough of them.

Koovs Denim Skirt

Yepme Denim Joggers

While I was always inclined towards boys’ wardrobes, she has been raiding my mom’s closet. We are that different yet we both fall for the same classic trend denims and that is why we both decided to stick to our loyal lover “Denim”. While I have chosen a denim skirt, she insisted to stick to her favourite denim joggers and a classic white tee. For me, Oh I would take a black t-shirt, a baggy one, a comfy one from my brother's closet. No space for any dilemmas.

Yepme Denim Joggers Koovs Denim SkirtTruffle Collection Fur Sliders

Black, white and blue, what’s next my sister asked. I looked at her and then at my t-shirt and we both knew what we are gonna do next; a knot. Obsessing over knots this season, we both have been wearing t-shirts, shirts and tops with a knot. In a journey of a healthy lifestyle, we both have lost good amount of pounds. Well it means old and extra baggy clothes, a thing which we both enjoy honestly.
At last it was about comfortability for which we both chose sliders. Being the nerdy nerd that she is, I didn’t give upon her specs and that’s how we ended up with for this blog.

Knot Tops with Sliders and Clear AviatorsDenims Sliders and Knot Tops

Outfit Details

Denim Skirt – Koovs

Denim Joggers – Yepme

Fur Sliders – Truffle Collection

Patent Sliders – Mcleodganj Market

Black Tee – thrifted

White Tee- Jack & Jones

If you like our Friends of Fashion section and want to be a part of it, do let us know by sending a message using our Contact us page. You can also rate this post by clicking the Smile, Heart and Star icons above or let us know what you feel about me and my sister in the comments section. To get free updates and styling tips curated just for you by subscribing to our blog from the footer section below.

Love,

Sayanti

Comments (33)

Jackie

06 September, 2017

I love your sister's spects...they make her look so cute.

06 September, 2017

@Jackie Thank you so much. She is going to get super happy after reading this :)

Carolina

06 September, 2017

I love the pictures on this post. Also I am in love with denim at the minute ??

06 September, 2017

@Carolina Thank you so much for stopping by. My love for denim is endless too <3

Miss Monèt

07 September, 2017

I loved reading the introduction of you and your sister. Basics are central part of fashion!

Ana

07 September, 2017

I love the knots trend!!! Really wish I could pull it off.

07 September, 2017

@Miss Monèt Yes knowing the basics is so so important, be it any niche.

07 September, 2017

@Ana You can pull off this trend effortlessly. Trust me. Give it a try ;)

Chelsea Elizabeth

07 September, 2017

I'm a huge denim fan! Im loving the skirt! Fab pictures

07 September, 2017

@Chelsea Elizabeth Our interests are so much alike. I am denim big time lover. Thank you for such wonderful comments. Keep visiting us.

Star harford

07 September, 2017

Siblings make the best friends and your outfits are great! Great post! Thank you

18 September, 2017

Yes my elder sister is the best friend I will never loose :)

Lauren

07 September, 2017

Sister relationships are so special. I treasure mine. :) Love the outfits, you both look so cute!

18 September, 2017

Sisters are your best friends and you can share anything with them, even outfits !

Famikyearthtrek

07 September, 2017

You girls look great! Everybody love denim right? But not everyone knows how to mix denim and I think you guys dis a great job! As much as I love denim I love making a knot on my tshirt to! I guess thats the trend! And I am jelous of you two being close..

18 September, 2017

Thank you for such wonderful comments. We both love twinning around and make other people envy us. That is our spare time hobby :D

Captain Macoy

08 September, 2017

adorable sisters relationship! Definitely i will try denim

18 September, 2017

Yup, you can try denim with knotted tops! They are so much in fashion right now.

laura dove

08 September, 2017

Wow the two of you are gorgeous!! I love denim, it's so easy to wear, so versatile and completley timeless! Gorgeous!

18 September, 2017

Thank you so much and yes denims are timeless. It is always worth investing in a good denim!

jhilmilbhansali

08 September, 2017

you both look so elegant in these photos. Loved the denim skirt the most of the listed things.

18 September, 2017

Thank you Jhilmil. I think you can still get the denim skirt available in Koovs.

Aditi

08 September, 2017

Love the styling of both of your's outfits, stylish yet focussed on basics and comfort. Loved your sisters jumpers and glasses! <3

18 September, 2017

Yes, we always should focus on the basics. And denims are the basics that will remain stylish till eternity.

Georgiana Quaint

09 September, 2017

I am also rather introverted person, so it is not easy for others to get to know me. I just feel like I don´t want to bother them with talking about me.

Yukti

09 September, 2017

Both of you have nice pair of Denims. Denim skirts and jeans both are my favorites too. I love the lovely slippers. They are so cute.

18 September, 2017

Yes Yukti. You can still get all of these for yourself. I have mentioned the outfit details too ;)

Shelley

10 September, 2017

When I was a teenager I used to borrow out my dad's closet. Argyle knits were my absolute fave and huge in the early 90's

18 September, 2017

I use to raid the closet of every member of my family. Every time!

Margarette

10 September, 2017

Oh i love your outfits but i think it will make more much better if you wear some sneakers in that denim and skirt. This is like me and my sisters. Sister relationship goals.

18 September, 2017

I am a complete sneakerhead myself. But I always strie on trying new things. Hence, the sliders ;)

Anna K.

10 September, 2017

Love your looks ladies! Also, I didn't know any of the brands except Jack & Jones! And your hair so gorgeous..

18 September, 2017

Thank you so much Anna for the wonderful comments. These are international brands only and are super famous in India.

Get Your Styling On