How to wear Living Coral - Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year

30 January, 2019

Hello there,

New Year calls for new style stories and fashion trends. Every year the fashion streets get flooded with the latest and the snazziest trends that are going to reign over the fashion fiends. The fashion eaters are on their toes and they binge on the trends in vogue even before it hit the markets. The high of being the first one to don a certain trend before everyone else is something that is beyond expressions. Being on the top of the sartorial scene is glorious and cannot be summed up in a few words. Not just the trends, but fashion forecasters predict the colors that will be incumbent throughout the year. Every year Pantone Color Institute would announce the Color of the Year and we all follow it with aplomb. This year Pantone announced PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral as the Color of the Year. According to Pantone, Living Coral embraces and encourages free-spirited and social outlook. It reinforces our inborn desires for joyful pursuits and optimism. This orange-pinkish shade is going to be the talk of the town for the whole year and fashionistas from all over the world are already metamorphosing their wardrobe to suit the year’s hue. Just after a couple of weeks after Pantone announced its Color of the Year, we saw the hue flail in the international runways and fashion streets. While many people feel that Living Coral is quite intrusive as compared to the Pantone Color of the Year 2018, Ultraviolet, we know that they will eventually trail in. You cannot escape the year’s biggest color trend when supermodels like Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid are seen wearing Living Coral from head to toe ostentatiously. I am certainly going to embrace this shade just like I welcomed Ultraviolet last year. You can also take your fashion game a level up by priming your closet with Living Coral.

How to wear Living Coral - Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year. Every year Pantone announces the Color of the Year and I am showing you how to wear this scintillating shade in the safest way. Yes, it is a fail-safe way to wear Living CoralHow to wear Living Coral - Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year. Every year Pantone announces the Color of the Year and I am showing you how to wear this scintillating shade in the safest way. Yes, it is a fail-safe way to wear Living Coral

Living Coral, however, is a little strident and makes it difficult for the safe-players to give it a try. But if worn right, it can make you more noticeable and draw the right attention. My mantra to attune to the changing trends is sticking to the basics. Having a wardrobe with the basic, classic and statement pieces will help you out whenever you are facing a fashion conundrum. Keeping our late bloomers in mind, I have come up with a fail-safe look that can never go wrong. I have put together my team of basics with Living Coral to create a look that is chic, elegant, trendy, and scintillating. When I say my team of basics, I mean the neutrals. Neutrals are undoubtedly the best colors to invest on and it is fail-safe from the ever-changing trend charts. Neutral colors can make up your statement pieces and carry the essence of class along with them. My idea of creating a look that will be wooed by the fashion police is to team up the Color of the Year with Neutrals.

Talking about the look, I started with a Living Coral pullover. Before buying this pullover, I kept pondering about the outfits and the colors that will look best with this. After I saw Gigi Hadid solidifying the Color of the Year with her head-to-toe Living Coral look, I was nonchalant. I allied this Living Coral pullover with a black thigh length skirt with zipper front closure. This is the first neutral that made it top of the list. A black mini skirt is a timeless wardrobe staple whose charm can never fade away, as they team up seamlessly. If you do not have one, then you must add them to your “Buy-it-soon” list pronto. Black thigh high skirt with zipper front closure has been the choice of stylish fashion insiders for so long now, that it is technically invulnerable. The fact that these kinda mini skirts can be worn with about any top and concurrently making your legs look elongated are some of the captivating plus points.

Moving on to our next neutral and extremely fall-winter friendly black thigh-high boots, which give us the liberty to wear summer dresses in winters without stressing too much. If you are still not in the thigh-high boots train, then jump right in because this footwear is not going anywhere anytime soon. The sleek thigh-high boots with a top tie-up detail make the look chicer while giving enough coverage for the icy-cold weather. One of the safest statement pieces that you must add to your closet stat. Next step is to accessorize it right, baby. Certain people find it very hard to choose the right accessories to pair up with their look so that it does not look over the top. I understand and relate to you if you feel accessorizing is arcane. Sometimes I do feel that I am sailing in the same boat as yours. But it is okay because that is why we have SMEs to answer our fashion dilemmas: fashion bloggers. Without the proper set of accessories, you may end up looking dismal fashion. First, we start with a subtle bag that you can carry with almost every look. Every It girl has a black sling bag with her in her closet. Not only it is a wardrobe essential, but it does come handy every now and then. There goes another neutral to team it up. For the jewellery, I suggest going with minimal golden accessories. These minimal trinkets can be a total game changer to get that graduated effect. For this look, I chose Glorious Golden Circles Geometric Earrings and a classic petite golden watch and bracelet as accessories. The golden color tones down the gleaming Living Coral by bringing in the much-needed grace. Finally, I let my hair sway loose and put up a very minimal barely-there makeup as a finishing touch.

Outfit Details

Living Coral Pullover - Primark

Black Thigh Length Skirt - Limeroad

Black Thigh High Boots - Truffle Collection

Black Sling Bag - Thrifted

Watch and Bracelet - Daniel Wellington

Golden Earrings - Everstylish

Location - Detroit, CP, New Delhi

This animating and life-affirming shade made the whole look stand out and I dare you, this hue is going to be everywhere this whole year. We have already seen an uptick on this trend from the celebrities as well. So jump in the Living Coral bandwagon before it is too late to do so. How are you going to style Living Coral? List them down in the comments section below. Before you leave, let me tell you that I am working on some of the latest fashion trends that will be everywhere in 2019, so if you have not subscribed to my blog yet, do so quickly so that you never miss an update. Have no regrets and be fashion forward with me.

Until next time,

Sayanti, xx

Comments (58)

Tessa

03 February, 2019

I am absolutely obsessed with coral! I think it looks good on everyone and is so flattering on so many skin tones. I love how you paired it with black, it really makes it pop!

03 February, 2019

Yes, you can never go wrong with neutrals. You can pair this scintillating and gorgeous shade with black to tone down the look without loosing the essence.

Candace Hampton

04 February, 2019

Love it! Neutrals are always a win. That top is so cute! The color is amazing. Coral is going to be the trending color for this spring and summer.

04 February, 2019

Yes, Living Coral is the color of the year. You are going to see the fashion streets flooded with corals all this year :)

Teresa

04 February, 2019

The coral top is great, and black is always a winner! This top would also be cute with work pants and dress shoes, so it could be worn a couple of different ways.

04 February, 2019

Yes that is so true. The color is bright, animating and life-affirming. It can be worn in many different ways and I am going to embrace this color all year long for sure :)

maysz

04 February, 2019

I like your outift you're look so beautiful and stunning great photos!

04 February, 2019

Thank you so much Maysz for your kind words :)

lyosha

04 February, 2019

wearing coral is not that hard. I do like it. very pleasing and happy color! chic

12 February, 2019

Yeah the color makes me happy too. This is why it is termed as life-affirming and animating.

Kathryn at Quest for $47

05 February, 2019

That sweater is SO sweet, and holy crap I LOVE your boots. Great post! Definitely going to have to think about adding some color to my winter wardrobe.

12 February, 2019

Yes Kathryn. Do throw some dash of color to your winter wardrobe. It is not that difficult. A big thanks for giving a thumbs up to this look.

Wendy

05 February, 2019

I'm not a fan of the color of the year but that's not to say that I don't agree it's a nice color. It's pleasant to the eyes but I don't see myself wearing that color.unless it's a shade of lipstick. I'm just not big on fashion. Still, you look stunning

12 February, 2019

Many people are unhappy with the color of the year this time and mostly it is because the color is a bit hard to pull off. Not to mention, it scares away some people. I was dubious about styling it earlier. But then I tried and look I was able to pull it off quite gracefully. You should give it a try too, hon

melissa richards

05 February, 2019

The color pops great against the black you paired it with! I can definitely see people wearing this color a lot more in the spring!

12 February, 2019

I too hope to see the color trending on spring fashion charts. It is such a lively color that it will blend in well with fresh spring vibes

Daleneekirapa

05 February, 2019

Living coral is such a beautiful bold color for those who love going whimsical like me too. Good for you with your pullover! Now I should get one too!

12 February, 2019

I am so glad that you are loving this color as much as I am. The color is bold, life-affirming and animating. It will be good to see fashion bloggers, like yourself to embrace this color with open arms. Do let me know when you make your way with Living Coral. I am eager to see you swing in corals.

• Man

Gideon Akachukwu Okorie

05 February, 2019

That's a lovely way to wear it and you look lovely on them.

12 February, 2019

Thank you Gideon for the kind words.

• Man

David Elliott

06 February, 2019

You look pretty amazing out there. I really love the top and the skir. But the whole outfit just looks great on you.

12 February, 2019

Thank you David. I love that you love the whole outfit.

Alexandra

06 February, 2019

That colour looks absolutely incredible on you! I really love your outfit here - it is so stylish. Beautiful!

12 February, 2019

Thank you Alexandra. I think you should give coral a try too. I am sure you will be able to channel some good fashion vibes with it.

Amber Myers

06 February, 2019

This is such a pretty outfit. I've always liked coral. I don't think I own any pieces in this color though.

12 February, 2019

This is actually a big problem that I myself faced. When Pantone announced the color of the year, I was so delighted to see the color but I did not had a single piece in this color. That is when I decided to buy it.

• Man

sgombar

06 February, 2019

Very nice outfit. You look really good in it. I will share with my wife

12 February, 2019

Thanks Scott. I am sure she will love this color and will get on board with me on this one.

Angela Ricardo

06 February, 2019

Great job on combining those outfit. You look really lovely on that coral shade.

12 February, 2019

Thanks Chelle for the wonderful comments.

popcris89@gmail.com

06 February, 2019

I love this trending color! And your outfit is amazing!!!

12 February, 2019

Thank you Cris. The color will be high on trend charts this year. Keep an eye on it.

Joan

06 February, 2019

Coral always looks pretty on anyone and you look fab too.

12 February, 2019

Thanks Joan. Coral is a happy color for me. So, I will be wearing more of it.

Jennifer Tanney @ Tadpoles And Mud Puddles

07 February, 2019

I don't know how I feel about the new color. I definitely love the skirt and boots. No matter how I feel about the color you look gorgeous. It is a good color for you.

12 February, 2019

Well, the color is a bit scintillating which makes it a difficult choice. But as long as you have neutrals with you, you can tone down the dominance of coral overall

Natalia

07 February, 2019

I love this colour! I think it suits you really well ... I've got a few coral things in my wardrobe, too! Stunning photos! :)

12 February, 2019

Can't wait to see you wear coral. Will be waiting for it.

Heather

07 February, 2019

It's definitely a pretty color though I don't own anything in that color. I just don't think it looks right with my skin tone.

12 February, 2019

The shade is a bit scintillating so yes it may seem like it will suit with your color tone. But you will not know for sure until you try it ;)

Bindu Thomas

07 February, 2019

I like your outfit. Coral always looks pretty on anyone.

12 February, 2019

Thank you Bindu. You can give coral a try too. Let me know how you style it.

Holle

07 February, 2019

I love the color too. I don't own anything that color (yet) but I think I'm going to have to look for a top.

12 February, 2019

Yes Holle, go for it. I am sure you will fall in love with this color.

lyosha

07 February, 2019

Color is such a vibrant and happy color! You definitely know how to rock it and do it perfectly!

12 February, 2019

Yup, I too find this color so full of life. Also, thank you for the wonderful comments.

Silvia

08 February, 2019

Definitely coral is one of my colors. I have love it all my life so you can imagine how happy I was when I heard that it was pantone color of the year!! I already have a few pieces in my closet.

12 February, 2019

This is great and I am so happy that it is one of your favorite colors. I am sure you will wear it quite often this year.

Brittany

08 February, 2019

i really like the color of the year! It really gives a pop of color to outfits! Love how you styled it

12 February, 2019

Thanks Brittany. Coral can throw a dash of bright color to any monotonous look

ohmummymia

09 February, 2019

I love coral! Your outfit is so good an you look so confident :)

12 February, 2019

Thank you. The color instills a sense of confidence instantly

Amaragrace

09 February, 2019

Outfit combination is stunning. love how you've everything together, and work.

12 February, 2019

Thank you for your kind words. I was even glad when the look turned out exactly as I had visualized it.

Monique

10 February, 2019

I've been seeing articles about wearing the color coral So much within the last couple of months. I love it. Beautiful color!

12 February, 2019

Thank you Monique. I have seen this color a lot lately on every other fashion events. I am in love with coral, tbh

Tasheeni

10 February, 2019

I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Coral! I think it looks good on everyone & love how your paired it with a pair of black pants.

12 February, 2019

Hi Tasheeni. I am so glad that you love Coral as much as I do. Also, I have styled it with a zipper front thigh high skirt and not pants. I think the thigh high boots might have given you such impression.