22 March, 2019
Being a blogger is a tough nut to crack. We look into the picture-perfect lives of bloggers from around the globe and we get filled with excitement and hopes. Hopes of being a blogger donning the trendiest ensembles, trotting the globe and creating memories for a lifetime. Living your best life. Even the slightest thought of this can trigger my creative instinct instantly. And can compel me to kick me off the cosy corner of my bed and get the work done. In an ideal world, you can never find enough motivation to keep you going. Trust me, there will be days when you will be buried under countless assignments but you will be willing to let it go. During such gloomy days, getting out of bed is a cumbersome task let alone going out and shooting pictures right under the sun. For days like this, having an Instagram worthy corner at your home can keep our stress level under control. Creating an Instagram worthy heaven that is perfectly put together and yet looks effortless needs due diligence. What it doesn’t take is years of hard work to build it. All you need is a mirror.
If you are a blogger and you are really looking to grab a strong spot in the blogging world, then you should always be on your toes. You should always be on the lookout of bringing the best and leaving the rest. There is no better feeling than getting your work done swiftly without stepping your foot outside in the sweltering temperatures. Consider this article as your ultimate guide in creating an Instagram worthy corner in your home with a mirror. Basics first. As a stylist, I have always gravitated towards whites and earthy-tones.
1. The very first thing that you must do is claiming a white wall at a place that gets ample natural light. Subdued hues are known to make a space look freshly spruced and can induce a sense of calm.
2. The next thing is to place your mirror and it should face the light. It usually gets a little tricker here. You have to place the mirror in such a way that it should not reflect the clutter on the other side of the room and at the same time is faced towards the source of light. When positioned correctly not only it will make the corner look bigger but even brighter by reflecting light in all directions.
3. Adding foliage can bring some life into your overall picture. You can choose to add hanging plants over the sides of the mirror. Or how about adding some fairy lights and getting that perfect Brandon Woelfel edit.
4. If you are an art lover and your art taste is high brow, then try to coax out your inner art collector spirit and flaunt it in the pictures. Just place a few of your favourite masterpieces by the mirror’s side and create a great experience for your viewer. A mirror and an artwork together can transform an otherwise transitional space visually appealing and dramatic.
5. You don’t have to be a hoarder and fill up the corner. Just try to put things that are minimal, warm, rich and inviting. A mirror is already a powerful prop. Remember, quality beats quality, ALWAYS. Faux fur carpets in front of the mirror will instantly make your room look expensive. If you are still unsure about how to style your corner and cannot picture it clearly, then take home some inspiration on styling your home with mirrors.
6. Always follow the “One In, One Out” policy when decorating your space. This means if you put one new prop in, then one prop must come out. Do not pile things up. It will make the corner look messy, cluttered and cheap.
I honestly surmise that a mirror is a girl’s best friend. If you are a blogger then you must invest in basic pieces that can be reused over and over again yet looks timeless every time. A rotating-tray mirror or a handheld mirror can be placed in your product flatlays to bring up the design value of your flatlay. Thinking about performing a conceptual shoot, grab a handheld mirror and start clicking. Mirrors can be your go-to prop, accessory, and decor for your pictures. You can find more mirror options here.
You don’t have to take a wad of cash to make your pictures look as dreamy as your favourite influencer’s. You just have to think of creative solutions to pick pieces that suit your personality, the concept and add a touch of intrigue into your pictures. Don’t hustle without thinking. Take baby steps. Start from the space, measure it and pick your props. Assemble the props and mirror together, face it towards natural light and visualize the space from your lens. Looking into the reflection of the mirror should be done precisely and accurately. And now you are ready to get going on your blogging journey. Let me know in the comments section, what one prop is your best friend that accompanies you in almost every picture of yours. I would love to see and experience your blogging journey with you.
Until next time,
04 August, 2019
01 August, 2019
31 March, 2019
09 February, 2019
07 February, 2019
06 February, 2019
24 January, 2019
08 January, 2019
28 November, 2018
31 October, 2018