Guide to style your shoes the fashionista way

18 December, 2019

Hello, Lovelies

It’s been a long time since we greeted “Hello” to each other. These last few months have been a roller coaster ride for me with so many ups and downs that I could not devote time to this tiny corner of my life. Before the year ends, I would like to bring to you “The best guide to style your shoes the fashionista way this winter”. As we all know that shoes are the most crucial aspect of any look. No matter how much you splurge on your outfit, without the right shoes, the whole look can sink at an instant. This makes it essential to choose the right footwear as per the ensemble and the occasion. Some people find it very difficult to pick the right shoes not because their styling game is not strong but mostly because of astronomical price points. This made me hunt down for shoes online that are perfect for fashion admirers yet pocket-friendly. I have highlighted some of the best shoes to style this winter with this easy-to-follow guide.

Ankle Boots

With plummeting temperatures, the best footwear to resort to is a pair of ankle boots. Though it is very predictable but never boring. With a whole world of boots to choose from, ankle boots are my favourite pick when it comes to styling the boots with denim. These boots add some height and streamline the silhouette effortlessly. On top of it, it is comfortable and a safe option for girls who want to keep it simple yet interesting.

Guide to style your ankle boots the fashionista way

White Sneakers

White Sneakers are one of the most classic footwear and it can literally be paired with any outfit. Be it fall-friendly maxi dresses, short skirts, denim or even kurtas, a pair of white sneakers can be your go-to pick. These celeb-approved shoes are comfortable, highly functional, stylish and work from workout to brunch.

Guide to style your white sneakers the fashionista way

Block Heel Pumps

Next up, we have block heel pumps that can instantly glam up your winter party look. Be it year-ending occasions like Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve or a winter wedding night, you can safely adorn pumps with your party ensemble. Block heel pumps can add to the comfortability matrix a bit more. which gets me inclined towards it more. In case, you are someone who does not want to play safe, then pick up high pointy heeled pumps and you are good to go.

Guide to style your block heels the fashionista way

Platform Shoes

Trust me, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought that platform shoes will make a comeback. But I am glad that it got a literal lift as they are super functional and one of the coolest trends to look out for this season. Platforms can be easily styled with any ensemble and it surely has made a big spot in S/S 20 runaways with stars like Jennifer Lopez going gaga over it.

Guide to style your platform shoes the fashionista way

Elevated Loafers

Elevated Loafers are going to be a big hit in the fashion sphere, and this must be on your radar as well. Though styling elevated loafers can be a tad tricky, but you can start up by styling it effortlessly with suits and formal attires. For the ones who are always on the lookout for all-trendy-things, elevated loafers are a must-have for them.

Guide to style your elevated loafers the fashionista way

Which shoe trend you are going to pick up this winter and why? Is there any other shoe trend that you think I should try before the year ends? Do let me know in the comments section below. Additionally, if you are still confused, then do check out this exhaustive style guide to women’s shoes.

Until the next time,

Sayanti, xx

Comments (21)

Lori Bosworth

31 March, 2020

This is a great post! I don't always know what to do with my feet when I'm posing for photos!

Lyosha

01 April, 2020

Great shoes! I love different type of shoes to swear and I can't wait to finally have a reason to wear heels again

Krysten

01 April, 2020

Oh I love this, shoes can totally make an outfit. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

Kelly

01 April, 2020

I am a runner and my closet is full of running shoes. When I wear pumps, it is the block pump because I'll break something if I try anything less. I love the flats you highlighted.

Amber Myers

01 April, 2020

These are all such great shoes! I basically just live in my sneakers but my daughter has all sorts of shoes.

Infinity Laser Spa

01 April, 2020

I am obsessed with heels and low boots! They can really change an outfit! One dress will look grunge with trainers but super chic with heels!

Marie Phillips

02 April, 2020

I always wear shoes with at least a little heel and never sports shoes because I always feel like my feet look so clunky. So it's usually sandals in the summer and boots in the winter. These shoes look amazing though!

dihickman

02 April, 2020

Sneakers all day everyday for me. Aside from special occasions when I wear boots, But 98% of my life is barefoot or sneakers!

littlemisadvencha

02 April, 2020

Cool shoes in all occasions! <3 Great tips in styling them. I love sneakers, btw!

bethan.taylorswaine@gmail.com

02 April, 2020

It's been so long since I wore anything other than slippers or my running shoes! Lockdown means I think my feet have forgotten what it feels like to wear anything on my feet, it's going to be weird going back to wearing shoes once this is all over!

Nyxie

02 April, 2020

Shoes can make or break your outfit! I personally always go for a boot style or a low top!

joanna

02 April, 2020

I own a lot of white trainers and it's very good to know that I can wear them with pretty much any outfit. They are my to go choice of comfy shoes wherever I go.

Shelby Johnson

03 April, 2020

Such great suggestions! Love all of those styles. I am loving the white shoe trend right now!!

Britt K

03 April, 2020

You've got some great options here - I am a HUGE fan of ankle boots, I have a few pairs. They can be styled in SO many ways!!!

LenLen Abila de Dios

03 April, 2020

It's best to wear comfy shoes especially if we will have a long walk. But it's better if it matches our outfit.

• Man

Josfolio

03 April, 2020

Can top white sneakers. Wearable with anything.

Margaret @ Live Like No One Else Blog

03 April, 2020

Great article. I must admit that when ankle boots first started showing up being worn with skirts and dresses I didn't like it at all. But they have definitely grown on me and I love it now. :)

• Man

David Elliott

04 April, 2020

I will have to show my daughter those ankle boots. They are pretty amazing. But yeah I need to get her some new shoes. It's been too long. We will have to look online though.

aisasami

04 April, 2020

I am not much of a show lover as I just like one pair of shoes. But, I give this post to my sister who loves shoes!

eat@yummyyemi.com

04 April, 2020

I have 4 pairs of shoes, flip flops, furry boots, adidas, and flats lol. I need to up my game I think?

Elizabeth O

07 April, 2020

I love shoes so this is easy for me because I have shoes for all occasions and I love to experiment. Shoes are amazing additions to a wardrobe. Elizabeth O